2016 Presentation for the US Coast Guard
At the 2016 conference Captain Kathleen Duignan, Director, Emerging Policy Staff, US Coast Guard & Mr Michael Emerson, Senior Arctic Policy Advisor, US Coast Guard presented on how the coast guard will achieve united states strategic objectives in the High North.
Their presentation covered the following points:
- Highlights of the key action points as outlined in the Arctic Implementation Plan
- How the plan impacts US involvement with international counterparts in the Arctic regions
- The Coast Guard’s future capability plans and requirements for providing full coverage across US Arctic waters
- The ever-expanding demands on Arctic Coast Guards and US perspectives on developing interoperable operational capacity via a shared communications network
- Recent progression towards acquiring a new heavy icebreaker in order to enable greater surface patrol for longer periods
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.